My friend Amanda has a great blog,
Dirt and Boogers, where she details some of the amazing things she does with her son. I was intrigued by this
light box
and some of the ways she's used it. Both the girls love those gems she
talked about so I got all the supplies for us to do this during our
week off.
 |
| First they just played with all the gems on the surface. |
 |
Discovering the tracks in the lid and that some of the gems were actually marbles.
|
 |
| Sorting by color - red, black, gold. |
 |
| Arranging the sorted colors. |
We
had a great time and I loved getting to watch them play. I'm excited
to use this. For the most part they used the light box simply as a
surface for their work. But we did have a few "moments" of more
childlike exploration from my child that likes to live life to its
fullest and fully exlored!
 |
| Feet... |
 |
| Whole body. |
They played with this for about 30 minutes and then
we had to put it away for lunch. When I moved it to the other room
Keeley was very upset they wouldn't get to use it again. I assured her
we could and that I was just picking it up since we were moving on to
lunch and rest time. I'm excited to use this more.
1 comment:
That is neat!!! They could put their leaves on that too!! Lot of options for exploring!!1
Post a Comment